The TRACE project started on 1 May 2014. The consortium partners have been involved in the following events:
- 11 – 13 May 2016: VUB co-organised a panel at the fifth edition of the European Union in International Affairs conference. The panel was entitled “Civil society organisations in the global counter-trafficking governance: when long-standing interactions lead to solid partnerships.”
- 28th April 2016: TRACE partners hosted the TRACE Final Conference: Understanding the business of human trafficking. For proceedings on the conference click here.
- 20 – 21 April 2016: LSI attended the FLEX/Fairwork meeting.
- 13 – 14 March 2016: TRACE Partners attended the Chairpersons’ meeting on Human Trafficking in the Digital Age. Suzanne Hoff (LSI) presented TRACE findings on the role of technology in preventing human trafficking, and how NGOs can use technology. For more information click here.
8th March 2016: CBSS TF-THB presented STROM guidelines for municipalities on how to step up actions against human trafficking during a conference in Tampere, Finland: “The crime, the victim, and the return to secure, regular life – Anti-trafficking work in Finland on the move 2006–2016.”
29th February 2016: The Council of the Baltic Sea States Task Force against Trafficking in Human Beings (CBSS TF-THB) in cooperation with the project partners organised a workshop “Policy Implications of Future Trends in Human Trafficking”. The key note speech was delivered by Ryszard Piotrowicz and can be read here.
27th November 2015: The TRACE project held a virtual workshop to examine emerging trends in the act of human trafficking and to elicit a series of forecasts that will be based on how possible future trends could impact upon THB.
20th November 2015: TRACE partners organised and attended a TRACE workshop on the current and future trends of human trafficking in Europe. It took place in Sofia.
- 16th – 17th October 2015: Amy Weatherburn and Julia Muraszkiewicz (VUB) attended a inaugural workshop focusing on the theme ‘Antislavery lessons and legacies’. The workshop took place in Hull, UK. More details can be found here.
- 13th October 2015: La Strada International attended the round table meeting on “The Role of civil society organisations in combating trafficking in human beings: experience exchange” in Minsk.
- 6th – 7th October 2015: La Strada International attended the Fifth International Conference of Roma Women in Skopje.
- 29th September 2015: TRACE partners organised and attended a TRACE workshop on “The role of technology in human trafficking” in Tilburg.
- 3rd September 2015: Pien van de Ven (TiU) presented findings from the WP3 research on the traffickers in the Netherlands at the European Society for Criminology conference in Porto. For more info click here.
- 10th June 2015: TRACE partners organised and attended a TRACE workshop on “The Traffickers” in Brussels.
- 1st May 2015: Julia Muraszkiewicz (VUB) presented the TRACE project at the Policing and European Studies Conference in Dundee, Scotland. Fore more details click here.
- 22 January 2015: Various TRACE partners attended the Panel on Understanding the data protection and privacy issues surrounding human trafficking that took place during the CPDP conference in Brussels.
- 21 November 2014: Representative from Tilburg University, Conny Rijken, attended the Conference on Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal in the Hague.
- 8 October – 9 October 2014: Representatives from The Council of the Baltic Sea States attended the “Conference on Cooperation in Combating Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea region” in St. Petersburg. Further information on the conference can be found here.
- 24 September 2014: Representatives from The Council of the Baltic Sea States attended the “Responsible Business: prevention of Human Trafficking and Labour Exploitation in the Baltic Sea region” in Talin. Further information on the conference can be found here.
- 23 September – 27 September 2014: Suzanne Hoff (La Strada International) attended the Global Alliance Meeting in Bangkok.
- 01 July 2014: Suzanne Hoff (La Strada International) and Anna Ekstedt (CBSS) attended the Alliance Expert Co-ordination Team Meeting in Vienna. Further information on the Alliance against Trafficking in Persons group can be found here.
- 04 June 2014: Julia Muraszkiewicz (VUB) attended the No-Offence conference on human trafficking in Manchester.
- 15-16 May 2014: TRACE project coordinators, Trilateral Research & Consulting hosted the projects kick-off meeting in London, UK.